The Jefferson Police Department welcomes you to participate in our Ride-Along Program, which allows you an exciting, inside look at the everyday challenges a police officer may encounter. The program offers you the chance to ride with an officer during his tour of duty and observe how they interact with the citizens of Jefferson. Participating in the program also allows you the chance to interact with a uniformed police officer to ask questions, discuss issues, and voice concerns.
GUIDELINES OF RIDE-ALONG PROGRAM
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must have no felony or narcotics convictions and must be free of any misdemeanor convictions which are considered unacceptable by the Chief of Police.
- The applicant must complete a criminal history authorization form.
- The applicant must complete the ride-along request form.
- The applicant must complete a waiver of liability form.
- No participant will act as a police agent in any manner.
- While participating in the ride-along, no participant is allowed entry into a residence or any other location where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.
- No weapons such as firearms, batons, O.C. Spray, etc. will be carried by a ride-along participant including representatives from other law enforcement agencies.
If you would like to participate in the Ride-Along Program please fill out the Ride-Along Program application packet and return in to the Jefferson Police Department to set up your ride-along. If you have any further questions regarding the program, you can bring your application by the Jefferson Police Department and speak with a member of the Jefferson Police Department.